Currently, Covid-19 has presented many uncertainties, especially for workplaces, work from home has become a new trend globally. However, this trend developed many security threats as well, in terms of data security. This new model of work not only brings a digital evolution everywhere but also bring some challenges to manage the confidential data of any organization. Because cloud infrastructure and application triggered online collaborative tools and functionality are in the air but implemented with less security. Also, due to increases telework and enterprise resilience cybersecurity attacks have increased to a great extent. It must be agreed that companies should always get ready to work with the Disaster recovery plan. Moreover, the remote vulnerability assessment and pen testing techniques must also be followed to think like a hacker and to prepare organizations against any security threat.
Disaster recovery plan
Disaster recovery plans provide and serve the purpose of data availability and data security. Most of the companies use cloud platform to store their data. So that in case of any disaster or time of uncertainty, they can access their data anywhere anytime. However, this is not a solution as there is significant risk involved in the availability of data from anywhere. In light of this, it is recommended and preferred to establish very impactful and clear data management, data handling and security policies inline within the organization.
So, here we are going to share any organization required security policies and needs.
Changing needs of an organization due to COVID19
- If an organization using a public network, there must be a secure end-to-end communication between the client and the organization like using IP-Sec protocol would be the best solution for end-to-end data transfer at the network level.
- Different device-specific attacks can be launched if there is not a secure method of authentication at transport level like on working from remote places the client and server both have SSL/TLS method for authentication.
- Man, in the Middle, DDOS and IP Spoofing attacks can be launched on the traffic between and client-server machine.
- Critical data must be encrypted with secure encryption Algorithms like AED and RSA to maintain the confidentiality of the data and use a hashing algorithm to ensure data integrity.
- Permission must be set on tiers like access of different employees from various department there must be a filter based on MAC addresses only authorized Mac addresses should be allowed to communicate in sensitive areas.
- To improve data protection, use MAC-based firewall and Intrusion detection system in the network for inbound traffic.
- MSP (managed service programs) such as Acronis can help in optimizing the IT operations with a best disaster recovery plan, data backup and security updates.
- Updating devices, passwords, choosing strong passwords and using two-factor authentication tighten the standards of authorization and authentication.
- System monitoring, checking for security patches, and implementing , multifactor authentication lowers the riks of malware and abnormal intrusions in the remotes access systems and virtual private networks.
- Security pieces of training and incident response plans are also a crucial element to tighten cybersecurity in a remote working environment.